Tissue Culture Vessel Comparison
This table lists all major tissue culture vessels with their corresponding areas, ratios and volumes.
|Culture Vessel||Surface area (cm²)||Typical volume (mL)||Ratio to T-75||Ratio to 6-well plate|
|BD Falcon CultureSlide (per well)||0.7||0.5||0.0093||0.07|
|BD Falcon CultureSlide (per slide)||5.6||4||0.075||0.46|
|35 mm dish||10||2||0.13||1|
|60 mm dish||20||3.5||0.26||2|
|100 mm dish||60||10||0.80||6|
|150 mm dish||140||23||1.87||14|
Read more...First published on 25th June 2011 and last modified on 17th March 2014.
Molarity of common concentrated solutions
Lab solutions are often purchased as concentrated solutions of a standard strength. This strength is often given as a percentage (e.g. w/w) however it is usually more convenient to know these as molarity. The calculations are simple enough but are tedious and require knowledge of the density of the solution as well as molecular mass of the molecule.
This list includes commonly used commercially available solutions and their molar equivalent.
- Glacial acetic acid - 17.47M
- 98-100% formic acid (density = 1.22 g/cm³) - 26.51M
- 70% perchloric acid (density = 1.664 g/cm³) - 11.65M
- 60% perchloric acid (density = 1.535 g/cm³) - 9.17M
- 35% NH3OH (ammonium hydroxide) (by mass) - 18.08M
- 70% HNO3 (nitric acid) (density = 1.4 g/cm³) - 17.46M
- 32% HCl (hydrochloric acid) (density = 1.159 g/cm³) - 10.17M
- 38% HCl (hydrochloric acid) (density = 1.189 g/cm³) - 12.39M
Read more...First published on 30th May 2011 and last modified on 19th May 2013.
< Newer articles | Older articles >